follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Tiverton Town 2 North Leigh 1

calendario 07.12.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Tiverton Town 2  North Leigh 1

On a cold bitter evening it was Tiverton who started the brightest and had a couple of early chances the best of them saw Niall Thompson go on a run down the wing and cut into the North Leigh box and let go with a powerful drive which was well held by Timmy Mungall in the visitors goal. Tivvy continued to dominate the play and on twenty one minutes making his home debut loanee striker Prince Henry put Tivvy 1-0 up when his low drive beat the North Leigh keeper at his near post. North Leigh nearly scored a quick reply but were foiled by Joe Belsten clearing the ball off the line to keep Tivvy in front. But four minutes later a North Leigh corner ended up finding Andrew Gunn who leveled the score at 1-1. The goal seemed to kick start North Leigh and they had a couple of chances to take the lead with the best of their chances producing a great double save from Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal. The visitors enjoyed a spell of attacking play but couldn't add to the score and the half ended 1-1. Tiverton got the second half underway and with only five minutes gone of the half Louis Morison went down after a challenge and needed treatment but was ok to continue. Niall Thompson was then forced off with a leg injury and was replaced by Dylan Jones. The change nearly paid off when a Tivvy free kick was floated into the North Leigh penalty area only to be cleared off the line by Andrew Gunn to keep the visitors level and they broke quickly  and the attack was stopped by a Jamie Richards challenge which the referee felt was worthy of a yellow card for the Tivvy captain. From the resulting free kick the ball went just wide of the Tiverton goal. Louis Morison then joined his captain in the refs book after a late challenge. Tivvy then made a double substitution with Kane Simpson and Matt Britton replacing Lucas Vowles and Tom Purrington as Tivvy went looking for a winner. They nearly found the goal they were looking for but Josh Jones saw his effort saved by Mungall to deny Tivvy the lead. Prince Henry then had a great opportunity to score but his shot was brilliantly blocked by the North Leigh defence. But there was nothing they could do two minutes later when  a Tivvy corner was finished off by Matt Britton to put Tiverton 2-1 up. Four minutes later and Matt Britton saw his long range effort well saved by Mungall. Britton then received a yellow card for a late challenge on the North Leigh forward. The referee indicated that there would be four additional minutes of play at the end of the game and in that time Tivvy had several attempts on the North Leigh goal but couldn't add to their score and the game ended 
Tiverton Town 2
North leigh 1
Man of the match 
Joe Belsten 
Att 144. Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?