follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Southern League Premier & Division One South Midweek Match Report

calendario 19.08.2021
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Southern League Premier & Division  One South Midweek Match Report

Three teams have maximum  points from their first two games of the season. Hayes and Yeading were 6-2 winners at Hendon. Taunton Town beat Dorchester Town 2-1. Sam Bayston had given Dorchester the lead but three minutes later Taunton were level when Ollie Chamberlain scored for the home side. Straight from the re start Chamberlain made it 2-1 to Taunton. Dorchester  were awarded a penalty deep In added on time but Tom Purrington put the spot kick high over the bar to send  Dorchester Town to defeat.
Beaconsfield  made it two out of two with Ollie McCoy scoring the only goal of the game on  twenty minutes. 
Weston Super Mare  continued their good start to the season with a 3-1 victory against Merthyr Town. Sam Avary gave the Seagulls the lead. Westons second goal came from Dayle Grubb. Cameron Keetch pulled one back for Merthyr  but a Scott Laird header sealed the victory for Weston. Farnborough,  Walton Casuals,  Poole Town,  Harrow Borough and Truro City  all picked up their first wins of the season Farnborough won 3-1 at Chesham. Truro City won by the same scoreline at Sailsbury.  Adam Liddle scored the only goal of the game as Walton Casuals beat Gosport Borough  1-0. 
Poole Town beat Tiverton Town  2-1. Tony Lee gave Poole the lead from the penalty spot in the ninth minute and he doubled the scoreline in the twenty sixth minute. Olaf Koszela pulled one back for  Tiverton but it was to little to late as Poole held on for the win. Harrow Borough beat Hartley wintney 3-0.  Swindon Supermarine and  Met Police played out a 1-1 draw. Liam Ferdinand gave Met the lead on twenty eight minutes with George Dowling  equalising eight minutes from time for Swindon. Yate Town and Wimborne Town played out a 0-0 draw.
In Division One South  Totton won 1-0 against  Melksham Town with Hisham Kasimu getting their goal. Cirencester beat Lymington 3-0 with goals from Ellis Dunton, Nick Peare and Josh Grace - Parsons.
Bristol Manor Farm beat Barnstaple Town 3-1. Owen  Howe put Bristol 1-0 up in the seventh minute. Zayd Muhammed levelled the score on eighteen minutes. Owen Howe got his second of the game to restore Bristols lead. Lee Lashenko scored Bristols third goal.
Plymouth Parkway and Frome Town played out a exciting 2-2 draw. Frome took the lead in the fifth minute through Jon Davies. Plymouth were level in the thirteenth  minute when Jack Crago found the back of the net. Rivet Allen gave Plymouth the lead from the penalty spot. But up popped Jon  Davies in the ninety sixth minute to save a point for Frome.Two games on Wednesday saw Highworth Town beat Cinderford Town 2-1 and Paulton Rovers  beat Willand Rovers 3-2. Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?