follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Farnborough 2 Tiverton Town 0

calendario 06.11.2021
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Farnborough  2  Tiverton Town 0

This was always going to be a tough game against top of the table Farnborough. Tivvy went into the game without  two of their main  defenders Gary Warren  and Austin Booth both ruled out through injury. And with Olaf Koszela  still ruled out with a injury the yellows were looking a bit lightweight upfront also.  The home side started brightly and within the first minute  they went close with a shot going just wide. With only  three minutes on the clock Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal 
pulled off a great save from a long range effort from the Farnborough  striker. Four minutes  later and a great block from Aaron Dawson stopped a near certain goal. In the ninth minute Tivvy finally had a decent effort on goal as a good run down the line followed with a great cross by  Andy Watkins was met by the head of Matt Wright but his header was well saved by 
Baptiste in the Farnborough goal. This seemed to give Tivvy hope and Andy Watkins met a low cross into the box but his volley went just wide of the goal. On thirteen minutes  Lewis Williams in the Tivvy  goal went down off the ball and the game was halted so he could get some treatment. Thankfully he was ok to carry on. Farnborough  continued to pile the pressure and Tivvy were struggling to get out of their own half.
A foul by Dan Hayfield gave the home side a free kick about ten yards outside the box in a central position  The resulting free kick was played short and when the shot came in it was well saved by Williams.  Alex Moyes was booked in the twenty fifth minute for a late challenge. A minute later and Louis Morison  cleared the ball of the goal line to keep the Tivvy goal intact.
The game became very bitty and was littered with fouls as the referee seemed to blow up everytime a Farnborough player fell to the floor. With thirty minutes gone and Kyle Egan was shown a yellow card for a late Challenge.  Farnborough  continued to put pressure on the Tivvy defence and Williams was called on yet again to pull off a great save. The home side felt they should have had a penalty in the  thirty seventh minute  but the referee waved their appeals away. Farnborough were having chance after chance but Tivvy were holding on and their defence stayed  strong  and they held out to make the halftime score 0-0.
Farnborough started the second half like they finished the first and they forced another great save out of Williams in the Tivvy goal. On fithty four minutes Tivvy were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Farnborough  box but the resulting kick came to nothing. Tivvy were seeing more of the ball and a Dan Hayfield cross was met by Mat Wright  but his header was straight at the goalkeeper and was saved with ease. Farnborough thought they had taken the lead in the sixty fourth minute but the goal was ruled out for offside. Two minutes later and a Farnborough cross was deflected onto the Tivvy  post by Dan Hayfield  and cleared away. In the sixty eighth minute  Farnborough  finally made the breakthrough  when a deflected shot from Seth Owen's found the back of the Tivvy net to put the home side 1-0 up.  Tiverton made two substitutions on came Nelson Iseguan  and Jordan Lam and off went Kyle Egan  and Andy Watkins.  Jordan Lam had a great chance with virtually his first touch but his header from close range went wide of the goal. On seventy three minutes  Alex Moyes was replaced  by  Chris Shephard  as Tivvy went looking for a equaliser. Farnborough made two substitutions as they tried to run down the clock. Lewis Williams  was called into action again to pull off another great save. With just a minute left of normal time Farnborough were awarded a penalty which seem a very soft decision by the referee. Up stepped Louie Paget to make the score 2-0. Tiverton were not happy  with the penalty and Aaron Dawson  was booked for protesting  too  strongly to the ref. Farnborough  made one more substitution in the last minute but by then the game was over and the final score was  Farnborough  2
Tiverton Town 0.
Att 454
Teams  Farnborough 
Baptiste,  Saunders, Oyenuga, Watts, Orlu, Owens, Holmes, Deering, Pratt, Hodges, Saied.
Tiverton Town 
Williams,  Egan,  Woodman,  Dawson,  Pond, Moyes, Morrison,  Hayfield,  Wright,  Watkins, Belsten.

  Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?