follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Bracknell Town 1 Tiverton Town 3

calendario 14.11.2021
by: Paul Gray
  • Devon
  • South West
Bracknell Town  1 Tiverton Town  3

Tiverton Town missing several key players travelled to Berkshire to take on a Bracknell Town side who are top of the Isthmian League  South Central Division with a impressive record which read played 15, won 12, drawn 1, lost 2. Bracknell got the game underway but a late Challenge on Aaron Dawson stopped the game before it had really started. After a minute or so of  treatment 
Dawson was back on his feet and the game continued. Tivvy were looking bright and a early chance fell to Dan Hayfield when a ball from Craig Woodman put him clear on goal but his effort went wide of the Bracknell  goal. With only ten minutes gone Andy Watkins limped off injured and Tivvy had to shuffle the pack and brought on Chris Shephard. The home side broke quickly  but the resulting shot was high and wide of the Tivvy goal. The game was lacking any rhythm and had become a bit scrappy. Another quick break from Bracknell threatened the Tivvy goal from a player who looked miles off side but the linesman had different  ideas and it took a fine save from Lewis Williams  to keep the ball out.  Tiverton went on the attack  and a Chris Shephard effort was deflected for a  Tivvy corner.
The corner was cleared to the edge of the box but Hayfield put it straight back into the box where Gary Warren caught it on the volley but fired over the bar.
With twenty five minutes  gone Bracknell were starting to show why they are top of their league  and were enjoying more of the attacking play. Nelson Iseguan  was enjoying a bit of space out on the wing and he put a great low cross into the Bracknell box which just needed a touch  but nobody was close enough to reach the ball. A looping shot  in the thirty second minute nearly caught Williams  out but the Tivvy keeper managed to get his hands to the ball to keep it out. With ten minutes left of the first half a short Tivvy corner fell to Hayfield but he shot into the side netting from a tight angle. This was followed by a  flowing move down the line with Woodman, Warren and Dawson  combining well  to put Alfie Pond through but he was just offside. The last five minutes of the half  saw Pond pick up a booking for kicking the ball away after the ref had blown for a foul. A minute later and  Louis Morison was booked for a late Challenge. Bracknell number four Temi Eweka found himself in the refs book for something he said after Morisons Challenge. The half finished 0-0.
Tiverton  got the second half underway and within a minute a long ball found Iseguan who headed the ball over the advancing keeper and then ran around him to put the ball into a empty net to give Tivvy a 1-0 lead. Tivvy were looking sharp and Iseguan was finding lots of space and time to deliver  some great crosses into the box but the Bracknell defence held strong. The home side started to find their feet again and went looking for a equaliser and on fifty five minutes a fine curling effort which looked like it was heading for the top corner was brilliantly saved by Williams to deny Bracknell a equalising goal. On sixty one minutes a low cross into the box from Jordan Lam was met by Hayfield who smashed the ball home to make it 2-0  to Tiverton. Bracknell  then made a triple substitution in a bid to get back in the cup tie. Another good Tivvy  move this time involving Iseguan and Shephard which led to a Lam effort being put out for a corner. The corner came to nothing  and the ball was cleared to Iseguan who was caught by  a late Challenge which the ref did not feel worthy of a booking. Hayfield took the free kick which  Eacott in the Bracknell  goal saved with ease. Seventy seven minutes gone and Kyle Egan lost the ball in the Tivvy box and after a goal mouth scramble Williams managed  to smother the ball to keep the home side out. With time running out  Bracknell  were throwing everything they could at the Tivvy defence and with three minutes  of normal time left a shot  from the edge of the box from Seb Bowerman found the bottom  corner to set up a tense finish. Tiverton brought Joe Belsten on to replace Shephard to eat up a bit of time. Bracknell were awarded a late corner and their goalkeeper went up for the corner. The ball was floated into the Tivvy box and the ball was cleared up field to Iseguan who was gone like a rocket leaving the Bracknell  defence and their stranded goalkeeper  behind him as he taped the ball into a empty net to put Tivvy 3-1 up and into the hat for Monday's draw.  Louis Morison picked up a late injury and was replaced  by Alex Moyes for the final seconds of the match.  Final score  Bracknell Town  1  Tiverton Town  3.
Bracknell , Eacott, Dean, Burden,Eweka  Bayliss, Knight, Herbert, Atkinson,Tarpey, Clark,Bowerman.

Tiverton,  Williams,  Egan,  Woodman,  Dawson,  Warren,  Pond, Morison, Hayfield,  Lam, Watkins, Iseguan. 
At, 300 ( Aprox )
Man of the match, Nelson  Iseguan.  Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?