follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Kings Langley 3 Tiverton Town 3

calendario 12.12.2021
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Kings Langley 3 Tiverton Town  3

Both teams went into this game looking for three points  for different reasons  Tivvy looking to keep in touch with the play off places and Kings Langley looking to climb out of the relegation zone. The first real chance of the game came from Tiverton  in the fifth minute when a sweeping move involving Dan Hayfield, Louis Morison and Jordan Lam found Owen Howe in the Kings box but his header was easily dealt with by Alfie Marriott in the home teams goal.

As  the half went on Kings came more into it and had several chances but failed to convert them into goals.
Tivvy also had a couple of half chances but were finding it hard to get out of their own half as the home side piled the pressure on.  With fithteen minutes left of the first half Tivvy  had a couple of corners in quick succession but could not make them count. The best of those chances fell to Mat Wright  who's header was brilliantly saved by  Marriott. On forty four minutes Kings had the ball in the back of the Tivvy net but it was ruled out for offside. In the final minute of the half a nasty clash of heads between  kings number nine Pendred and Tivvys number five Gary Warren left both players needing treatment. Pendred needed his head bandaged while Warren had what looked like a broken nose. This was the last action of the half.

Tiverton started the second half brightly  and on forty eight minutes a Tivvy corner found Warren in the box but his header smashed against the post and was cleared by the Kings defence. The heavy rain was making conditions very hard for both teams. Just like the first half as the half went on Kings came more into it and nearly took the lead after a mix up in the Tivvy defence saw the ball rolling towards the empty net but Craig Woodman got back in time to clear the ball off the line and save Tivvys blushes. 
On sixty five minutes Kings finally made the break through when Jack Wood put the home side 1-0 up.
Two minutes later and it was 2-0 another defensive mix up let Harry Crawford  in to score for Kings.
Tiverton were really up against it now and it was looking like a long pointless trip back to Devon
but on seventy two minutes a long range effort from Chris Shephard was  fumbled by Marriott  in the Kings goal and the linesman flagged to say the ball had crossed the goal line to make the  score  2-1.
Tivvy brought on Nelson Iseguan who replaced Shephard as they went looking for the equaliser. But a minute later it was Kings who scored again when Sam Dreyer made it 3-1. The home side made a couple of changes as they looked to keep Tivvy out while Tivvy made their own changes in a bid to get back in the game. Austen Booth and Theo Simpson came on and Mat Wright  and Louis Morison went off.
This seemed to do the trick and on eighty two minutes  Dan Hayfield pulled one back for Tivvy to make it 3-2.
Tiverton went all out for a third goal and in the ninety first minute a  curling shot from Dan Hayfield  found the corner of the net to make it 3-3. The very last effort of the game saw Tivvy keeper  Lewis Williams  pull off  a great save to deny Kings with the last kick of the game. A good game to watch as a fan but both teams will feel it was points dropped. Final score
Kings Langley  3 Tiverton Town 3
Kings Langley,
Marriott, Connolly, Lafleur, Amu,Dreyer, Hall, Wood, William's, Pendred, Crawford, Jellis.
Tiverton Town 
Williams,  Egan,  Woodman, Dawson, Warren, Lam, Morison, Hayfield,  Wright, Howe, Shephard. 
Att 182
Tiverton Man of the match  Craig Woodman 

  Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?