follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Harrow Borough 3 Tiverton Town 2

calendario 15.12.2021
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Harrow Borough  3 Tiverton Town  2

A long midweek trek to Harrow Borough was always going to be tough for Tiverton but they started brightly and a early chance fell to Matt Wright who  met a Jordan Lam  cross with his head but his effort went wide of the Harrow goal. On ten minutes  a good Harrow move ended with them hitting the crossbar with Lewis Williams looking well beaten in the Tivvy goal. Three minutes  later and Harrow made the breakthrough  when a good move down the line involving  James Ewington and  George Moore  was finished off by Samuel Adenola to put Harrow 1-0 up.

Their joy was short lived as Tivvy replied a couple of minutes later when Owen Howe picked the ball up in the middle of the pitch and played a good ball out to Kyle Egan on the wing. His cross was met by Chris Shephard who's low shot found the corner of the net to make it 1-1. Harrow went straight back on the attack and very nearly scored when Anthony O 'Connor went through on goal but a brave save at the feet of O'Connor  by Tivvy keeper Lewis Williams kept  them out. With twenty five minutes gone a Alfie Pond  cross caused Strizovic in the Harrow goal a moment of concern but the ball clipped the top of the bar and went out for a goal kick.
There was then a off the ball incident which the linesman brought to the attention of the ref and after a lengthy discussion  Harrow's Ahmet and Tivvy's Kyle Egan were both shown a yellow card each. Owen Howe was then shown a yellow card for a late Challenge. 
Tivvy were playing the better football but could not find the end product in front of goal. While Harrow's use of the long ball over the top was causing Tiverton  lots of problems.Both teams had a couple more chances but could not make them count and the half finished 1-1.

Harrow got the second half under way and went on the attack from the start and were rewarded when a Tivvy pass across the middle of the pitch was cut out and the ball was played through to James Ewington who's finish left Williams with  no chance of saving it to make it 2-1 to the home side. Harrow werel looking the stronger of the two teams and soon scored again to make it 3-1 when Ewington  got another. Tivvy were really up against it  as Harrow went looking for another goal and one of those attacks was halted by Aaron Dawson who was lucky not to have been shown a red card for the challenge as the home crowd felt he was the last man and should  have been sent off. Tiverton made a couple of  changes with Jordan Lam  and Matt Wright going  off and being replaced by Nelson  Iseguan and Olaf Koszela in a bid to get back in the game. Harrow were well in control and were causing Tivvy lots of problems. Iseguan was then booked for a late Challenge on a Harrow defender.  Harrow  number three Ahmet Biler was then shown a second yellow card for a foul and Harrow were down to ten players.

With time running out Tivvy made their final change bringing on Alex Moyes  who replaced Louis Morison. 
Harrow also made a couple of  changes with Ewington and O'Connor going off and Dembele and Wynter coming on. With time running  out Harrow made their final change with Bryan being replaced by Keita in a bid to run down the clock. The ref indicated  a minimum of six extra minutes and with three of those minutes left Olaf Koszela scored  to make it 3-2 and give Tivvy a glimmer of hope. But it was not to be and the final score was Harrow Borough 3 Tiverton Town  2.
Strizovic,Adenola, Biler, Mansfield, Preddie, Taylor, Moore, O'Connor,  Ewington, Bryan, Cole.
Williams, Egan,Woodman, Dawson, Lam, pond, Morison,  Hayfield,  Wright, Howe, Shephard 
Att 149
Tiverton  man of the match 
Aaron Dawson 

  Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?