follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Tiverton Town 1 Poole Town 0

calendario 12.03.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Tiverton Town 1 Poole Town 0

Tiverton went into the game looking for their third win on the trot while visitors Poole Town were hoping to keep their faint play off Hope's alive. With a very strong wind blowing around the Ian Moorcroft Stadium is was never going to be a game of flowing football. The first chance of the game came in the fourth minute and it fell to Poole number nine Tony Lee who saw his shot blocked and then he was ruled offside as he went for the rebound. Tiverton had to wait to the twelfth minute for their first real chance of the game when Kyle Egan played in Jordan Lam but his low shot across the box went just wide of the far post. 
Another Tivvy move saw Andy Watkins put Kyle Egan through on  goal but Mark Childs in the Poole goal denied Tivvy a opening goal.
Tiverton continued to put pressure on the Poole defence and a wind assisted cross from Lam nearly beat the keeper at his near post but smashed into the side netting instead. A Poole breakaway which saw a good ball into the Tivvy box which the fist of Lewis Williams got to just before the head of Poole striker Lee. A minute later Williams went down off the ball and needed treatment but thankfully he was able to carry on. Dan Hayfield played a great ball into Andy Watkins who raced into the box and was brought down by the Poole defender and the referee didn't hesitate and pointed to the penalty spot. Up stepped Dan Hayfield who sent the keeper the wrong way to put Tiverton 1-0 up.
Tiverton very nearly got a second goal straight from the re start when a Max Gillard cross found Theo Simpson but his shot was well saved by Poole keeper Childs. Tiverton were looking the stronger of the two sides and a great ball from Simpson put Egan through on goal and when he rounded the keeper it looked odds on for Tivvys second of the game but a great block from the Poole defender cleared the ball away from the empty net. Both teams were finding it hard to play in the swirling wind and rain and the half finished with Tiverton 1-0 up. Poole got the second half underway but it was Tiverton who created the first chance of the half which ended with Egan shooting low across the box and just wide of the far post. Poole number five Whisken was booked for a foul on Watkins as Tivvy went looking for their second  goal of the match. A Poole break saw Lee through on goal but a great saving tackle from Alfie Pond prevented the striker from getting his shot away. Poole made their first change of the game with Boutin replacing Pardoe. A poor pass from Hayfield was cut out in the middle of the pitch and was picked up by Poole striker Lee but his low shot went wide of the Tivvy goal. Poole were having their best period of play in the game and went close with a looping header that went just over the bar. This was followed by another Poole attack which was foiled by Williams who got a hand to the ball to put it over the bar for a corner. The corner found the head of the Poole striker but his effort was well saved by Williams. Tiverton made a double change with Levi Landricombe replacing Andy Watkins and Callum Shipton replacing Kyle Egan. Poole number six Holmes was shown a yellow card for a late Challenge on Joe Belsten as things started to heat up on the pitch. Poole made another change in their attempt to get a equaliser with Rose being replaced by Forbes.
A Simpson pass found Lam in the box but he wanted to much time on the ball and the keeper came out to smother the ball before he could get his shot away. Levi Landricombe let fly with a wicked curling shot which had the keeper beaten but it smacked against the post and Simpson was adjudged to be offside when he went for the rebound. As the game went into added on time a scuffle saw Landricombe get a smack in the face which started a mass brawl between the players which resulted in Carmichael and Hayfield both getting a yellow card each but no card for the player who had caught Landricombe in the face. But as soon as the game restarted the same player Seddon seemed to catch Landricombe in the face again and this time with the help of the linesman the referee showed the Poole player a red card. This was to be the last real action of the game and Tiverton held on for another big win. 
Final Score Tiverton 1 Poole 0

Tiverton,  Williams, Belsten, Gillard, Dawson, Booth, Pond, Egan, Hayfield , Simpson, Lam, Watkins.
Poole, Childs, Rose, Holmes, Spetch, Whisken, Pardoe, Carmichael, Moore, Wright, Lee, Dickson.
Att 307
Man of the match Austen Booth. Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?