follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Tiverton Town 0 Hartley Wintney 2

calendario 02.04.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Tiverton Town 0 Hartley Wintney  2

Hartley Wintney got the game underway knowing three points would move them clear of the drop zone but the first real chance of the game fell to Tiverton in the third minute when a kick up field by Lewis Williams found Andy Watkins who played the ball into the box to Nelson Iseguan but he was beaten to the ball by the Hartley defender who cleared the ball away. On five minutes another Tivvy chance this time fell to Austen Booth who got on the end of a Louis Morison corner but he was adjudged to have committed a foul in his Challenge  for the ball. Tiverton had made the brighter start of the two teams and several half chances came their way without really testing Thomas Williams in the Hartley goal. On twenty two minutes Hartley number ten Kyen Nicholas was booked for a foul on Booth and from the resulting free kick it was Booth who got on the end of it and his header was heading for the top corner until Williams dived to save the ball from going in. On thirty two minutes Louis Morison gave away a foul which he was shown a yellow card for. Joshua Webb took the free kick and his low kick passed everyone and found the back of the net to put Hartley 1-0 up. Tiverton continued to have more of the ball but really didn't do much with it once they got near the visitors goal. Hartley's  number four Matthew Drage was shown a yellow card as the referee seemed to get a bit whistle happy which was stopping the game from flowing. Tiverton battled but could not find a way through and the half finished 1-0 in Hartley's favour. 
The first effort of the second half fell to Hartley which resulted in Lewis Williams putting the ball out for a corner. When the corner came into the Tivvy box it was headed clear by Booth who found Nelson Iseguan who ran up the line the full length of the pitch but his crossed was easily cut out by Williams in the Hartley goal.  Hartley's  Webb was the next player to be shown a yellow card by the referee. In the fithty third minute Hartley made it 2-0 when Kyen Nicholas turned and smashed the ball past Williams in the Tivvy goal. Seven minutes later and Booth went down injured and was replaced by Craig Woodman in the Tivvy defence. Hartley nearly made it three but again Williams was on hand to make the save. On sixty eight minutes Chris Shephard  came on in place of Andy Watkins as Tivvy looked for a way back into the game but a quick Hartley breakaway was halted by a Challenge from Woodman which resulted in the Tivvy defender being shown a yellow card for his Challenge. Both teams made changes with Olando Anker coming on for Tivvy and Adam Allen and Shane Hollamby coming on for Hartley. With just a minute left of normal time Shephard was booked for something he must have said to the referee as he hadn't  made a Challenge for the ball. The referee then indicated that there would be eight minutes of added on time. No real chances were made in that time and the match ended  final score 
Tiverton 0 Hartley Wintney  2

Tiverton,  Williams, Egan, Belsten, Morison, Booth, Pond, Lam, Hayfield, Simpson, Iseguan, Watkins. 
Hartley Wintney,  Williams, Goode, Leggett, Drage, Nevile, Bayley, Cooksley, Webb, Argent, Nicholas, Papakonstantinou.
Att 317
Tivvy Man of the match 
Austen Booth Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?