follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Frome Town 0 Tiverton Town 1

calendario 03.09.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Frome Town 0 Tiverton Town 1

Tiverton Town travelled to Badgers Hill the home of Southern League Division One South side Frome Town for a FA Cup first qualifying round tie and it was Tivvy who got the game underway. But the first chance of the game fell to Frome as a cross field pass from Tivvy captain Jamie Richards was intercepted by the Frome attack and the ball was put into the Tivvy box but was palmed away to safety by Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal. On eleven minutes Tiverton took the lead when Joe Belsten shrugged off the challenge from the Frome defender and played the ball down the line to Matt Buchan who put a low cross into the box which was met by Kane Simpson who had the simple task of putting the ball over the line to put Tiverton 1-0 up. A couple of minutes later and a long range effort from Tom Purrington nearly made it two but his shot was saved by the keeper. On twenty minutes Frome  thought they had equalised but the goal was ruled out for offside. The next effort on goal came from Tivvy when Joe Oloughlin played in Jordan Lam who's cross into the box was met by the head of Kane Simpson but his header went over the bar. On thirty three minutes a matt Buchan pass found Niall Thompson who floated a cross into the Frome box which the keeper caught and then dropped but gathered it at the second attempt. The game was a bit scrappy as both teams struggled with the windy conditions. With the first half drawing to the end both teams had a chance to score Frome were awarded a free kick after a late challenge from Joe Belsten. The resulting free kick was fired into the Tiverton box and it took a Lewis Williams punch to clear the ball up field and Tivvy broke quickly and Matt Buchan found himself through on goal and he went around the keeper and was just about to smack the ball into the net but a great sliding tackle from the Frome defender cleared the ball away and the half finished 1-0 in Tivvy's favour. Frome got the second half underway but they quickly lost the ball and the first chance of the second half went Tivvy's way when a cross from Joe Oloughlin found Niall Thompson who saw his first time shot well saved by the Frome keeper. As the second half went on the home side made a double change as they went looking for a equaliser and on seventy minutes they should have had it when their striker found himself unmarked in the Tivvy box with Williams stranded in the Tivvy goal it looked a odds on goal but somehow the ball was put wide of the far post and out for a goal kick. Frome then made their third change of the day as time was running out for them to draw level. Only a minute later and the Frome keeper went down off the ball and looked in agony and he was not able to continue but Frome had used up their three substitutions so they went down to ten players and had to put a outfield player in goal for the remaining minutes. Tiverton then made a couple of changes of their own with Louis Morison and Dylan Jones coming on and Kane Simpson and Niall Thompson going off as Tiverton looked to close the game down.Both teams had a couple of late chances but it was Tiverton who progressed to the next round. Final score
Frome 0 Tiverton 1
Att 319 Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?