follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Yate Town 2 Tiverton Town 1

calendario 17.09.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • FA CUP
  • South West
Yate Town 2 Tiverton Town 1

Tiverton traveled to  Lodge Road the home of Yate Town for a FA Cup second Qualifying Round tie. It was the second meeting of the two clubs in three days with Tivvy winning the league encounter last Wednesday by a 4-2 scoreline. It was Yate Town who got the cup tie underway and things didn't look good for the home side when Brandon Smalley was shown a straight red card after only four minutes of play for a last man challenge on  Tivvy's  Tom Purrington as he went through on goal. The first real chance of the game came Yates way a couple of minutes after being reduced to ten men but Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal managed to turn the ball around the post for a corner. Tivvy cleared the corner up field and  Forward Kane Simpson was adjudged to have committed a foul and the Referee showed a yellow card to the Tivvy striker. The game was very bitty and littered with fouls. Yate  nearly took the lead when Prince Henry had a looping header which Tivvy keeper Williams done well to tip over the bar. The resulting corner was cleared up field but Tiverton were not making use of the extra man and it was Yate who were  having more of the attacking play and on thirty minutes Tivvy defender Josh Jones was robbed of the ball by Prince Henry who went on to smack the ball past Lewis Williams to make the score 1-0 to ten man Yate. Three minutes later and Kane Simpson went into a challenge with Yate keeper Horsell which the referee felt was dangerous and showed Simpson his second yellow card of the day and Tivvy were reduced to ten men aswell. Neither team really created much more in the remaining minutes of the half and it finished 1-0 to Yate. Tiverton got the second half underway and started brightly with Joe Belsten having a long range effort that went just over the bar. Yate then had a great opportunity to score again but Williams saved well with his feet and when the ball fell to the Yate striker he curled the ball just wide of Tivvy's far post. 
In a bid to get back in the game Tiverton made a triple substitution  with Dylan Jones Jordan Lam and Lucas Vowles replacing Matt Buchan Matt Britton and Louis Morison. The change seemed to help and Tivvy had more of the attacking play without really testing the Yate keeper. But when Horsell in the Yate was called on he pulled off a great point blank save to deny Joe Oloughlin  a equalising goal. On seventy eight minutes Tivvy finally got the goal they needed when Lucas Vowles finished off a good Tivvy move to make it 1-1 and Tiverton looked to have forced a replay but just three minutes later
Yates Khari Allen was allowed to travel forward with the ball and he shot from distance across the Tivvy box and the ball ended up in the far corner of the net and the home side had restored their lead. The referee indicated that there would be five minutes of added on time but Tivvy never really looked like they could score again and the game ended 
Yate 2 Tiverton 1 Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?