follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Tiverton Town 1 Hartley Wintney 0

calendario 12.11.2022
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Tiverton Town 1 Hartley Wintney 0

Hartley Wintney got the game underway but they nearly fell behind in the very first minute when a back pass wrong footed Adam Desbois in the Hartley goal but he managed to recover in time to gather the ball before the Tiverton  forwards could get to it. On seven minutes there was a minutes applause for ex Tivvy player Alex Fletcher who was seriously injured while playing for Bath City last week. Tiverton had their first sniff on goal when on eight minutes  a long range effort from Niall Thompson was easily saved by Hartley  keeper Desbois. The first ten minutes was mostly played in the visitors half as Tivvy took control of the play but as the game went on Hartley came more into the game but neither team had really tested their opponents keeper. On twenty minutes  Matt Britton forced the Hartley keeper into a save down low to his left with a long range effort which was the best opportunity of the game so far. Tiverton were having more of the attacking play and a  great run down the wing by Niall Thompson ended with his cross falling at the feet of Joe Oloughlin who shot just wide of the target. A rare Hartley attack saw their number seven Zidan Akers beat Tivvy captain Jamie Richards in a race down the line and put in a low cross which was cut out by Josh Jones at the expense of a corner. The resulting corner was easily dealt with by Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal. Tiverton continued to have more of the attacking play but could not find a way through the Hartley defence and the half ended 0-0. Tiverton got the second half underway and a early chance fell to Joe Oloughlin who's shot was goal ward bound but deflected off another Tivvy body to go out for a goal kick. Hartley made the first change of game with Jacob Bancroft being replaced by Kyen Nicholas. Tivvy were awarded a free kick twenty yards out from goal in a central position. The kick was floated into the box by Matt Britton and found the head of Josh Jones but his attempt was saved by Desbois who was keeping his team in the game with another good save. Another free kick soon came Tivvy's way when Joe Belsten was fouled ten yards out from goal. Joe Oloughlin took the kick playing the ball down the line to Niall Thompson who put a low cross into the box where it found Leighton Thomas who tried a little back heel flick which nearly deceived Desbois in the Hartley goal but he managed to get a hand to the ball to save his team once more. Lucas Vowles then burst through the defence to go one on one with the keeper only for the ref to stop the game for a earlier foul on a Hartley defender. Tiverton were pressing hard for the opening goal and made a triple substitution with Leighton Thomas  Matt Britton and Joe Belsten being replaced by Tom Purrington Louis Morison and Dylan Jones. This seemed to do the trick and on seventy four minutes a great turn and shot from Lucas Vowles gave Tivvy a 1-0 lead. Hartley had a good opportunity for a quick reply when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Tiverton box but the kick went narrowly wide of the Tivvy goal. Hartley made a couple of  changes in a bid to get back in the game with Louie Paget being replaced by Richard Jones and Paul Hodges being replaced by George Spiers. With time running out Louis Morison went close to getting goal number two for Tivvy but his shot went inches over the bar. The ref indicated that there would be four additional minutes at the end of the game but Tiverton held on comfortably to record another win that lifts them up the table and just outside the play off places. Final score 
Tiverton Town 1
Hartley Wintney 0
Man of the match
Lucas Vowles Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?