follow us on facebook instagram youtube twitter linkedin

Yate Town 0 Tiverton Town 0

calendario 28.01.2023
by: Paul Gray
  • South West
Yate Town 0 Tiverton Town 0

Without a home game since Boxing Day and only one league game since Tiverton went into their third meeting of the season with Yate Town looking for a repeat of the 4-2 league success from their last meeting and not the 2-1 defeat they suffered in the FA Cup encounter earlier in the season. 
Yate Town got the game underway and the first ten minutes were  even without either side  really testing the keeper. Tivvy's first real chance came on fithteen minutes when they were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Yate box in a central position. Niall Thompson took the kick but he couldn't get it passed the Yate wall and the ball was cleared. Five minutes later and another Thompson free kick was put into the home sides box but again came to nothing. Tiverton were having more of the ball but just couldn't find the end product. On twenty five minutes Yate had their first real effort on goal when they broke out of defence quickly with Leighton Thomas who cut into the Tivvy box but his shot went high and wide of the target. With thirty minutes on the clock Thomas had another chance to give Yate the lead but his header went wide of the Tiverton goal. Yate came into the game more as the half went on but neither side could find the finishing touch in front of goal and the half ended scoreless.
 Tiverton started the second half brightly and a move involving Tom Purrington and Dylan Jones found Lucas Vowles who saw his shot well saved by Horsell in the Yate goal. Another Tivvy chance saw Ollie Mehew cross for Tom Purrington  but his shot was deflected over the bar. Tiverton made their first changes of the game with Louis Morison  and River Allen replacing Lucas Vowles and Tom Purrington in a bid to break the deadlock and it nearly worked when a Craig Woodman corner found the head of Jamie Richards but his header went just wide of the far post and out for a goal kick. Another Tivvy attack was led by Niall Thompson who made his way down the wing and put in a great low cross which was inches away from making contact with the outstretched foot of Kane Simpson and was cleared away to safety. Just like the first half as the half  went on Yate came more into the game. Tiverton made their final change of the game with Josh Jones replacing Craig Woodman in a bid to keep Yate at bay. The referee indicated that there would be four additional minutes of play and in those final minutes a Louis Morison corner found the head of Tivvy captain Jamie Richards who's header smashed against the crossbar and bounced down onto the Yate goaline before being cleared away by the Home defence. This was the last action of the game and the game finished 
Yate Town 0
Tiverton Town 0
Att 369
Tivvy man of the match  Ed James. Source: Paul Gray

Follow us on Facebook
x Login through social networks
Facebook login Sign in with Facebook
Google login Sign in with Google
Or login with your credentials
Forgot username or password? Not yet registered?